Saturday, January 31, 2009
I don't think we'll go skiing this weekend, although Stupid-bowl Sunday is usually a great day to go because no one is there! Back to the slopes next weekend though - the snow is probably wonderful - they got dumped on this past week!
I learned this week that my bus to Denver (FREX) may either have their service reduced or eliminated all together. If this happens it could mean early retirement for me until I can find an "at-home" job or something in Castle Rock. I'm going to the hearing on Wednesday. There are a LOT of us who ride daily and even the drivers are really pushing attendance at the meeting, so hopefully we'll manage to keep the service or some version of it. I'm trying not to stress too much yet. But I'll be happy to take any prayers you can give to keep my link to the city running!
Off to move furniture and carry those "STUDS"!!! Happy Saturday!
Friday, January 30, 2009
Here are some fun questions that you can answer and share about your name :) Let me know if you play along!
1. What's your full name? Susan Lynn Jarger Schwarz - although I do not use Jarger (well except in my email address only because of my HS reunion.)
2. What do your parents call you? Sue but when I was little and they were mad, they'd start with "Eddie... Kathy..."
3. What do your grandparents call you? They probably called me Susan mostly
4. What do your friends call you? Sue, Boogs, but NEVER Susie - I would have to hurt someone if they called me that!!!
5. Do you like your name? I didn't like it when I was a kid, I even tried to spell it different ways to make it better - like Sioux! Now it's fine I suppose. It doesn't really matter anymore!
6. If you could change your name, would you? Maybe
7. What would you change it to? I've always loved Sydney!
8. Do you like pet names (sweetie, honey, babe, etc.)? Not really
9. Does it bother you when people use your middle name? I've never had anyone call me using my middle name!
10. Who named you? Mom and Dad
11. Are you named after someone? I was born on Easter Sunday, 4 weeks premature and I was suppose to be a male... they had no name for me for 3 days! After many suggestions they ended up with Susan, which means "Lily" in Hebrew - as in Easter Lily flowers! It sure beats Bunny!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Sunday, January 18, 2009
We were fortunate enough to stay up in Breckenridge overnight at Tom's place and early this morning we headed further West to Beaver Creek. Moira and her girls joined us for yet another amazing "Blue Bird" day! Today I jumped into the bumps, skied a few blacks and felt great at the end of the day! This was day 10 for me this season - yippee! Everyone agreed it was a wonderful day!
After a long car ride home, I'm headed to the couch to unwind and fall asleep!!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Unfortunately my priorities were shuffled around these past few weeks and I've had blogging at the bottom of the list. Not only writing but reading other's blogs as well. I hope that as this month continues on I will find more time and energy to keep up the blog! Hopefully you missed me??!!
During the week I've spent most of my day working both at the office and after hours at home. And on the weekends, we've been going skiing! January 6th was Dan's birthday, so last weekend we spent up in the mountains of course! We skied at Vail on Saturday and Breckenridge on Sunday! It was great - lots of powder at Vail and I "jumped" into the back bowls! The doctor said, no bowls right away, but after 7 days of skiing previously I was ready! I'm still struggling with the "endurance" issue, but my knee is doing great otherwise!
We finally got our Christmas tree down this week, but I'm still trying to find the energy to put everything away in the basement! And once the snow is melted I can pull down the outside lights! Of course, by the time I find time it will snow again!
This weekend we're, you guessed it, skiing again!! We're going to hit A-Basin on Saturday and who knows where on Sunday! They're all getting lots of snow, so it really doesn't matter! The only issue we just realized is that it's a holiday weekend - MLK day. That means crowds. Yuck! I'd like to try up the (Beaver) Creek on Sunday - we'll see!
I'm anxious to get some scrapping done and some things posted next week. Keep your fingers crossed!!!