Wednesday, May 5, 2010

On a roll....

Not very fast, but at least it's moving forward! Here is another LO that I completed earlier this week on one of my 14er hikes! This was our summit of Mt. Democrat with my brother back in August, 2008. It was a rather cloudy and cold August day and we had zero views from the summit, but at least we could prove we made it! I thought using monochrome grays would be the best way to depict the mood of the day! And I printed my text in vellum and cut it out in the shape of a cloud... I liked that look! It was a fun hike, but very disappointing for my brother who came 1000 miles and got zippo views! I am pleased with how this came out.

This inspired me to keep working on my LO's. I have 2 more hikes to scrap to complete my book to date! I think it will be awesome to finally have one project completed! So to get started, I cleaned up my desk last night and tonight I'll dig up the remaining pictures that I'll need. For all I know I already have them here in a pile somewhere!


And I have about 10 days to scrap my “Day in My Life” pages for Patti’s album! I kept a log and snapped a few pictures on Monday as I progressed throughout the day. Now to figure out how to scrap it all. This will be somewhat of a new project for me! I hope she isn’t bored to death from my story!

Oh and another thing I managed last night as I was cleaning up – gather cards for the troops. I have a stack of 40 ready to go! Operation Write Home is a great organization and I can’t wait to reach my personal goal of sending them 100 cards this year! I’ll be back later this week with some pictures of my stash!

No comments: