Thursday, August 13, 2009

Card, Chicago and HS???


Doesn't this Diva rock??!! This was a card and gift tin I made for my sister's 50th birthday (back in June)! The saying goes... "Just think with every birthday your even closer to being more like your parents"! The little horse is special... he was found in my mother's collection of stuff after she died. My sis, sil and I have been passing it back and forth for almost 18 years now. We hide it in each others homes, or in my case since they live far away, I just mail it back sometimes! It's like mom is always still with us! So for my sis' 50th, I made the special travel tin and sent it back! I think she got a kick out of it... who knows, we never talk about it - it's all secret!!

I'm headed to Chicago in 2 weeks to be with my father as he undergoes open heart surgery to repair his valve. (Maybe this will end back up in my suitcase?) The prognosis is very good - he has an excellent doctor. But I wasn't going to sit 1000 miles away and wait by the phone this time, I'm gong to be right there!

Tonight was back to school night. Melanie has been back since Monday and so far so good! It is definitely a bigger responsibility for her in HS! Oh, if only I had these opportunities when I was her age! What I missed!!!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I remember this cute card and tin. High school! It goes by so fast.

Unknown said...

I love the hose idea!! Got me thinking about something of my mom's that my sisters & I could do that with....
Have fun in Chi-town, and I'll be praying for your dad & his recovery. You're making the right decision to be there!!!