Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Will I be skiing in 5 weeks?

That is definitely my goal! I went to the doctor today for a 6 month follow up. He said that it looks great! I have to agree, these past few days have been pretty good! It still aches when I sit for too long and get up, but it's feeling better! As for skiing in 5 weeks - he said maybe! He actually said in 6 weeks, but I reminded him that Thanksgiving is 5 weeks from tomorrow and I'm going up to Summit County no matter what! He said said that I have to take a Sports Test in 4 weeks and if I can pass that, he can give me the green light to ski! I promised I'd take it easy!!! No jumping off the back bowls at Vail on my first day out (but maybe my 2nd!) So back to the therapist next Tuesday for a plan to get me ready for that test and skiing by November 27th!

If you read Toni's blog you'll find that she got 4" of snow last night up in the foothills!!! We weren't quite that lucky - just a light dusting! But looking West from the office window we could see the white mountains! I'm getting excited to finally have cooler days and ski season!

3 comments:

Kate-uhh said...

Snow? What is snow? :)

Here's to skiing in 5 weeks, but more importantly, here's to Thanksgiving. I try not to think about it, but I can't help getting excited about Halloween because I know that it's next! Here's to being able to pass the test in 3 weeks. ;)

Unknown said...

Have fun with that test!!! YOU CAN DO IT! I don't know if I'd call 4" of snow in October "lucky"......I'm not quite ready for it yet...

toners said...

FABULOUS news! I know you'll do it!