Sunday, August 26, 2007

Hiking to Sky Pond



Despite the early start (6 a.m.) and the sore throat, Saturday was absolutely fantastic! We (Dan, Moira and I) couldn’t have asked for better weather when we started our hike to Sky Pond! Along the way, we passed by Alberta Falls, The Loch, Timberline Falls and Lake of Glass before finally reaching our final destination Sky Pond! (Pictured) Moira thought the path to Timberline Falls was a massive stair master! It was definitely a good workout! Sky Pond left us in awe once again with her beauty! I just love that area so much! When the day was done, we had another 9+ miles under our belts and the satisfaction of visiting another great place in God’s country! I live for days like this!


Today we are making a “relaxing” day… well as relaxing as we can get! I did sleep in very late, partly because I don’t feel good and partly because I was sad. It is the anniversary of my Mom’s death and it always makes me sad on this day. She has been gone 16 years now… wow time sure flies. When I think of all the things I have done in that time, it makes me sad that she was not here. But then again, she is here, I know. I feel her with me every day. I have to remember to embrace every day as if it is your last, because you never know when you will leave this earth to join the loved ones who live in heaven.

And on that note, I’m off to think of Mom and maybe scrapbook a bit.

1 comment:

toners said...

Hey! Gorgeous blog!! Your photos are super :)

I'm sorry yesterday was a tough day for you; my dad died 18 years ago this month so I know just what you're going through :(

(((hugs!)))