Saturday, April 19, 2008

When I was a kid...

Today's blog challenge on 2 Peas is "how is life different for your children than when you were growing up?". Thanks to Toni and 2 Peas, I get to reminisce a little today...

When I was a kid, we used punch cards in computer class... today they write programs right on the PC without those silly cards!

When I was a kid, we used an electric fan inside our car window to cool us down as we drove across Kansas... today we just blast the AC!

When I was a kid, we rode in the back of the station wagon with no seat belts on... today that would be a ticket waiting to happen!

When I was a kid, we walked a mile to school in the rain or snow... today the kids all get rides from Mommy or Daddy!

When I was a kid, I rode a bicycle with no speeds and granny handlebars... today the kids have 10-18-??? speeds on their bikes and the coolest handle bars!

When I was a kid, the only cartoons were on Saturday morning until noon... today you can find them on MULTIPLE channels, ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT long!

When I was a kid, couples on TV shows slept in twin beds... today, they have sex right in my living room!

When I was a kid, you boiled hot dogs in a pot on the stove... today we just nuke them for 45 seconds!

When I was a kid, if you wanted to dry your hair, you hooked up the big portable dryer and sat underneath it for an hour... today you just use the blow dryer and are set in less than 5!

And when I was a kid, you ALWAYS played outside... today they never go out unless they're forced to.

Do I miss those days, you betcha! Nothing better than growing up in the 70's! But then again, I'm sure kids today will be saying the same thing when they have kids of their own!!!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

!!!Oh my, that was fun reading. We rode in the back of the station wagon as well looking for shapes in the clouds.

toners said...

LOL!! I remember the days...man, I feel old!! :)