Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring Storm


What a difference a week makes! Last Friday it was 60 and beautiful out! The Rockies won their home opener and I cruised up to the mountains to enjoy our final weekend of skiing this season! And now look at it.....
It's been snowing on an off since last night. We awoke to very little snow and unfortunately for Melanie school didn't call a snow day. I decided to work from home though, which turned into a very smart move on my part. Around noon I heard that they were having early dismissal at school and before 1, Melanie was home with me!

This picture was taken at 2:40. I'll take another one in a few hours to show how hard it's coming down.

It has been a busy week for us. We had fun skiing on Saturday at Keystone, although by mid-afternoon it got too slushy and we called it a season. Unfortunately on that last run down, both Melanie and Dan fell... neither was majorly hurt, but they both were sore. I thankfully finished unskeathed for the day! That night we went to see a play at the Backstage Theater in Breckenridge called, "Office Space - the Musical"! It was awesome! I highly recommend these local playhouses for good, cheap entertainment!

On Wednesday night we took Melanie to a concert in Denver. We saw, Fall Out Boy, Hey Monday, Cobra Starship, Metro Station and All Time Low. I enjoyed 3 out of the 5 bands! She of course loved them all! It was a standing concert, so needless to say after 5 hours on my feet, I truly showed my age! My legs still hurt!!!

This weekend I'll be studying hard! It's a good thing to do with all the snow! But then again, they're pushing us back into the 70's by late next week! I LOVE the weather here!!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Brr! Makes me glad I live in sunny California. Will snow this late let the ski areas stay open longer?