Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy Tuesday!

Where do the weeks go - can you believe that the first full week in January is GONE. Like that - GONE! How did we spend the time? Hmmm, let me think...


Working, working, skiing, working, working!


Yes, I managed to get a little bit of fun in there! Sunday was Dan's birthday (the big 41) and we did what the birthday boy loves most - went skiing! It had snowed the night before and was scheduled to snow all that day, so he was bound to get some powder skiing in! And POWDER is what he got! We went all the way to Beaver Creek, which we learned afterwards, had gotten the most snow of all! They had 9" on Saturday night and another 16" on Sunday - at least a foot while we were there! He was in 7th Heaven! I enjoyed it as much as I could - I wore the wrong socks and was not comfortable (learned my lesson on trying to stay warm), so I packed in the skies at lunch time and went snowshoeing the rest of the day with Melanie (good thing I got showshoes for Christmas)! We actually just took the lift to the top and snowshoed down the mountain - or slid on our butt! (Mom, let's take a black diamond, it'll be fun!) It truly was fun! We were soaking wet, tired and happy! Dan could barely walk but it was one of the best birthday presents he could ask for!



I think I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel at work and I'm pretty sure it's NOT a train! Just another week and I'll be back to normal hours, I hope! My personal life will appreciate that!

Here is one of the LO's I did for the Winter Themed challenge that I hosted recently. You had to use 3 different brads on the page. I used the same format for each of the pages but different paper, etc. I got them mailed out last week, just a few days late. I think everyone was a bit late this time. We have one more challenge due next week and then the CJ due to be mailed on the 15th. I've really got to work my butt off to hit that deadline! So, off to work...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear things are starting to return to normal - or will very soon!
The foot of snow we got on New Year's Eve is now history. We had rain, rain & more rain this weekend, Monday & Tuesday w/ temps in the 50's almost 60's.
Michigan - wait 5 minutes & the weather will change!

toners said...

Yeah, you're almost there! Just a little while longer :)

ejj said...

Happy New Year Sis...love ya. Eddie