Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Finding the urge to blog...


I'm still struggling to find the urge to blog right now. I'm really hoping that will change here in September. Here is a birthday card I made for my Dad's lady friend Marcy's birthday last month. The inspiration came from a recent issue of Card Creations using a journaling block. The journaling block came from a set that Toni gave me a while back. It was a neat way to use these!!

So speaking of Dad, I got an update tonight that really made me smile! Not quite 2 weeks after his surgery and he is already walking down the stairs to get his own newspaper in the morning, trekking down the block for exercise, and following all of the doctors orders! He amazes me so very much at his strength and endurance! He truly believes that this recovery is a picnic in the park compared to his double-knee replacement! I was very glad I went to Chicago and spent time with him and I can't wait to see him in November for his 75th birthday!

2 comments:

toners said...

Beautiful card - and great news about your Dad's progress! :)

Debbie said...

Pretty card, and ditto what Toni said about your Dad!