Friday, April 2, 2010

Blah, Blah, Blog

I wish I could explain why I just haven't had the energy or desire to blog lately. Sometimes I think it's because I don't think blogs are exciting unless they have pictures and well, loading pictures takes time and effort and I just don't feel like it. And I just don't know that I really have anything to say either. But I'm going to try this month to blog every day (excluding yesterday of course) and see if I can meet the challenge. Maybe a few new challenges in my life with get me out of this slump!

So, what's new??!! I spent a few days last week with my brother up in the mountains. I can't post pictures now, but I will in the next few days! We had a great time despite a few unnecessary adventures in our weekend! Just being together, sharing old stories and enjoying the great outdoors was well worth it!!

The day after Ed arrived we took off for the mountains. After a quick stop at the condo, we headed up to show him how much fun snowshoeing was! Well, at the intersection in the town of Montezuma, we should have parked for the journey BUT NO, we thought we'd see if we could go farther up the road. We went a few hundred yards (maybe) and we SANK! A big truck doesn't move that easily and despite trying to push it back downhill, we just pushed it deep into the driver's side rut. The shovel that is always in the back of the car, was well, back at the house! It was taken out because of so much luggage (ah, there will NEVER be no room for that again)! Well as we contemplated what to do, a young women came walking by with her dogs. Although she did not bring 4 burly men with her, she did offer her shovels and her assistance. 4 diggings and 1 1/2 hours later, we were finally out! Thank heavens for good Samaritans (from Indiana)! And at least we were all still laughing!

We did manage a short snowshoe trip to the beaver ponds before the sun began to hide behind the mountains. I think Ed enjoyed it and I'm guessing he'll agree to do it again someday - just don't drive up a road not plowed!

Want to read more of our adventures? Come back tomorrow!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well it's about time! We are having beatiful spring-like weather here - I think it will get me out of my slump too! Looking forward to reading your posts, Boog.

Snot