Monday, November 17, 2008

Saturday - My shopping partner in crime


There were many things to be thankful for on Saturday, including my great day with my very dear, life long friend Snot! She is the BEST shopping buddy around! It's a darn good thing we don't live closer - I'd be broke all the time!!! We hit our first scrapbook store just after 10 a.m. - Craft Fancy. It was the first time we'd been there and it was a really cute store! They had a great class list and I think she's going to try a few of them out! I wish I could go too!!! Then we headed over to Hobby Lobby before settling in for a nice Mexican lunch at her favorite restaurant! After that it was to Arch's where I finally found that advent calendar I was looking for! And our last stop was to TJ Maxx where I bought another suitcase to carry all my crap home! OK, I didn't use both, I just transferred it all into the new one (which was bigger)!!! We had so much fun... as usual!!!

Then Marlene drove me to Olive Garden for the real reason I went to Chicago in the middle of November! (It definitely wasn't for the weather!) I went to surprise my Father for his birthday! He turned 74 on Sunday and the family was celebrating on Saturday night! My brother and his family knew of my plans, but no one else! The first to arrive was Dad and Marcy and boy was he shocked! I wish I had a picture of his face! At least it didn't throw him into another heart attack!!! It was a GOOD surprise!! Then my sister and the kids showed up and they were quite surprised as well! Dinner and the company were great!

After dinner I bid Dad farewell and we headed back to Ed's house for a rest before we went out to Mike's bar to party some more! We only stayed out until 2:45 a.m. this time!!! We were good - I promise!!! It was fun to chat with Sarah, Mike and Kathy and of course Ed. I'm glad I don't do that often... I'm way too old for staying up so late at a bar!!!

2 comments:

Marles said...

It was an awesome time, wasn't it?! I always have fun shopping with my pal. Did I tell you how much I LOVE my custom stamp??

toners said...

What a fabulous day!! Arch's is so much more fun with a friend :)