Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thankful for CHANGE!!!


Today I am thankful for CHANGE! I don't discuss my political views often, however today it is what I have to be thankful for, so please understand. I don't care who you voted for, I just hope you used your right as an American to get out and voice your opinion, as many of my fellow blogging friends urged you to do yesterday!

As for my opinion, I am pleased that Obama won and I am hopeful that he will fulfill his promise to work for ALL the people in turning this Country back around! We have made history electing a non-white man into the most powerful position in this country and maybe the world! I think the world is ready for this change and I am happy to be alive to witness it!!! I actually was sad I coundn't be in Grant Park to feel the heppiness that Chicago is experiencing!!!

Enough politics, have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

toners said...

Well said! I am looking forward to what is to come in the next 4 years...Obama seems very sincere, strong and focused - long may it last!

Unknown said...

I, on the other hand, am "guarded" about Obama. While I wasn't fully sold on McCain, Obama was even lower on my list.
I will be praying for the "changes" he has proposed & that they do have a positive impact on ALL Americans.
I do agree with you on being happy to be a witness to the fact that our 1st Black president has FINALLY been elected. That has been too long in coming.

Benita said...

I gotta comment on Marles comment. Actually, he's not black.....he's bi-racial. Just had to throw that in there ;)

I was very sad that McCain/Palin didn't win, but I will support our new President-elect & pray for the best for our country!